Hikers must be in good physical health and with a fitness level to walk a minimum of the distance and duration described for the chosen hike. All attending will need to sign a waiver before the hike.
LA Hiking Tours wants you to come fully prepared for strenuous activity: enclosed hiking shoes, athletic / hiking shorts / pants / top, water, hat, and whatever is needed according to weather. We reserve the right to refuse service if you are not properly attired.
We welcome anyone interested in hiking who meets the above criteria, however you must agree to the rules and disclaimers on this page before attending any event:
• you will not to bring or consume alcoholic beverages or illegal/controlled substances while on the hike, or show up intoxicated.
• you agree to abide by and comply with all instructions and rules of LA Hiking Tours, including any decision to limit or terminate the event due to weather, physical abilities or skill level of a participant, medical necessities or for any other reason. Furthermore, you understand that it is your responsibility to follow all rules and instructions without being reminded or told to do so, and that any failure on your part to follow these rules may increase the risk of serious injury or death.
2. Waiver of Liability / Disclaimer:
LA Hiking Tours, the company, website, its organizers, officers, directors, employees, agents, and crew (the "Organizers") assume no responsibility for you or your guests. If you choose to participate in any of the Organizers' hikes (the "Event"), you assume all responsibility for yourself and your guests, and agree not to hold the "Organizers" liable in any way.
You further agree that:
• the Event officially begins and ends at the location(s) designated by LA Hiking Tours. The Event does not include carpooling, transportation, or transit to and from the Event, and you are personally responsible for all risks associated with any travel to and from the Event.
• this Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law. If any provision or any part of any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or legally unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of this Agreement shall not be affected thereby and shall remain valid and fully enforceable.
• to the fullest extent allowed by law, you agree to WAIVE, DISCHARGE CLAIMS, AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY the Organizers from any and all liability on account of, or in any way resulting from Injuries and Damages, even if caused by negligence of the Organizers, in any way connected with any Organizers' event. You further agree to HOLD HARMLESS the Organizers from any claims, damages, injuries or losses caused by your own negligence while a participant at any event. You understand and intend that this assumption of risk and release is binding upon your guests, passengers, heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, and includes any minors accompanying you at any of Organizers' events.
• Your have read this document in its entirety and you freely and voluntarily assume all risks of such Injuries and Damages and notwithstanding such risks, you agree to participate in Organizers' event.
- Please read before signing up for any event:
The "Organizers" cannot assure suitability of any trail to your specific abilities, nor can they assure your abilities are suitable for any of the trails / trips undertaken by the "Organizers".
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in good health and your gear is in good order before participating in a high intensity activity like this one. You're advised to carry everything you need for the activity, including water, first aid kit, any medicine you need, etc.
You understand that participation will include a variety of hazards and dangers, foreseen or unforeseen. These hazards and dangers could result in personal injury, property damage, and death ("Injuries and Damages"). These hazards and dangers may include, but are not limited to, falling, falling objects, drowning, temperature exposure, equipment failure, improper use of equipment, inadequate or improper instruction or assistance, exposure to wild animals including poisonous animals, insects, debris, plants, unpredictable forces of nature, inclement weather, dehydration, unsanitary food or hydration.
3. Assumption of Risks:
You, for yourself and for your guest participants, if any, ACKNOWLEDGE AND ASSUME the risks of the activity in which you will be participating, whether or not those risks are described above and whether they are inherent or otherwise. It is your responsibility to inform your guests of the potential risks, and you assume any and all liability for your guests. We recommend you have them read this entire disclaimer.
4. Release and Indemnity:
To the fullest extent allowed by law, you, for yourself and for any of your guests, agree to WAIVE AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY, the "Organizers" from any and all liability on account of, or in any way relating to, any loss you or your guests may suffer, including loss of or damage to property, personal injury and death in any way related to your enrollment in or participation in an activity of the "Organizers" tour. You further agree to DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the "Organizers" from any claims, damages, injuries or losses either suffered by you or your guests or caused by my conduct while an enrollee or participant in an activity of the Meet Up Group. These agreements of release and indemnity include negligence of the "Organizers", but not gross negligence or intentionally wrongful behavior.
5. Authorization of and Consent to Medical Treatment:
Please carry a personal medical emergency kit and any medications you need. Hiking is an inherently dangerous activity that can lead to serious injuries including but not limited to slip and fall injuries, fractures, rattlesnake bites, heat exhaustion, poison oak, ticks and frostbite. Always remember to let the event organizer know if you are straying from the group. Stay on the trail, never walk alone and use your own common sense.
The organizers are not medically trained to handle emergencies. But they will try to help you if needed. You hereby authorize any medical treatment deemed necessary in the event of any injuries while participating in the Event. LA Hiking Tours / its staff can, at your cost, arrange any emergency evacuation service as it or they deem necessary for your health and safety. In the event that you require medical care, you either have appropriate insurance, or, in its absence, agree to be financially responsible for and pay for all costs of rescue, emergency and medical services that may be incurred as a result of such treatment. You agree to provide financial reimbursement for any related costs incurred by LA Hiking Tours.
6. Cancellation / Refund policy:
Customers will receive a full refund or credit with 24 hours notice of cancellation. Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Contact us by phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation. No-shows will be charged the full price.
No refunds will be given if a participant decides to leave the event early due to fatigue, inability to handle the terrain or for any other reason, or if a guide determines that a participant lacks the physical capability or skill to participate in some or all of the event.
7. Food Safety & Allergy Disclaimers:
• By participating in these events, you understand that any food items being made available at the event, be it shared by members, or prepared by third party vendors, or otherwise, are not necessarily prepared in commercial kitchens or spaces inspected by any government agency.
• By participating in these events, you assume all liability; specifically, you agree to not hold liable the Organizers for the cleanliness, suitability, freshness or safety of any food you may be offered or consume.
Because hikers sometimes share food at our events, we cannot guarantee that every allergen in the food offered will be identified or labeled.
Also be aware that the foods hikers consume, bring, use or prepare at home could change the formulation at any time, without notice also exists. Customers concerned with food allergies must be aware of this risk. Attendees with life threatening food allergies who may need to use an epi-pen should be carrying their own. The Organizers are NOT trained to administer epi-pens and CANNOT provide or administer them.
We cannot guarantee the absence of cross contamination in any food items shared by hikers or prepared by third party vendors, nor can we guaranty the safety or cleanliness of the ingredients as we do not prepare any of the food ourselves.
The Organizers will not assume any liability for adverse reactions to foods consumed, or items one may come in contact with, while hiking on any of the Organizers' tours.
SPECIFIC WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT REGARDING FOOD AT ORGANIZERS' EVENTS
LA Hiking Tours does not recommend sharing food on a hike. You understand that even when best practices are followed, food preparation and transport carries with it inherent risks that include but are not limited to health hazards resulting from improper transport, handling and storage, which are especially risky when holding this type of event in a remote location such as a camping site with no running water or electricity, in an outdoor setting which is in no way a professional and enclosed kitchen. You are also aware that other hikers beside the Organizers may bring their own food and may offer to share it without the Organizers’ knowledge.
Therefore, in consideration of being permitted to participate in any LA Hiking Tours event where food may be offered by another hiker, and consumed by you, you, for yourself, your heirs, guests, family members, personal representatives or assigns, agents, employees and affiliates, do hereby release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue the Organizers from liability from any and all claims resulting in personal injury, accidents or illnesses (including death), and property loss arising from, but not limited to, participation or food consumption at the Event.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS: Participation in any Event carries with it certain inherent risks that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries. The specific risks vary, and can include but are not limited to cooking food thoroughly; separating and not cross contaminating foods; chilling or refrigerating food appropriately; cleaning foodstuffs, instruments and hands used in and for food preparation; fire or gas hazards.
INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS
You agree to INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the Organizers from any and all claims, actions, suits, procedures, costs, expenses, damages and liabilities, including attorney’s fees brought as a result of my involvement in Event, whether brought by you, your company or its agents or employees, or other third parties, and to reimburse the indemnities for any such expenses incurred.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING
You have read this waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement, fully understand its terms, and understand that you are giving up substantial rights, including my right to sue. You acknowledge that participation in the event requires you agree to these terms and that you are doing so freely and voluntarily, are over the age of 18, and intend by your participation to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law.
SOME INDIVIDUALS AT PARTICULARLY HIGH RISK SHOULD TAKE MORE PRECAUTIONS:
Pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and those with weakened immune systems are at higher risk for injury and should be particularly mindful / careful.